HAPPY NEW YEAR! It’s that time again, time to compile the best Custom Letters from the past year.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Custom Letters category includes calligraphy, sign painting, graffiti, stone carving, digital lettering, hand lettering, paper sculpture, and original type design.
The Custom, in this instance, means built from scratch; we ARE NOT looking for customization—a type treatment or 3d treatment—of an existing typeface. Again, no type treatments.
A few other things:
• The deadline to submit is Friday, February 1, midnight Pacific time. We will be publishing our Best Of by March 1. UPDATE: It’s now MARCH 27 for Day One.
• E-MAIL ADDRESS: lettercult [AT] gmail.com. Please include the actual files with 2012 SUBMISSION in the SUBJECT FIELD.
• SUBMISSION FORMAT: .png or .jpg, 600 pixels wide, 72 dpi. We’ll confirm receipt of your submissions. There is no limit to the number of submissions you can make, but please edit yourself, and pick your BEST WORK. Please include a link to your site. And please do not send work completed before 2012, or work from 2013.
• Dribbble 400 px images. These don’t look good stretched to 600 px. Don’t go there.
• Person of the Year. We are going to retire this annual thing, among some other changes. The good news is, I now have some help to make some site changes and we’ll be doing more features and profiles in 2013, in a simpler format.